返回列表 回覆 發帖

我回来了

原帖由 dye 於 2008-4-17 09:10 發表
By the logic, HK is also a great city, is it also an academic center?

Where is the great city of Waterloo even though it has invented the blackberry you use?

The trading is the cause, science is the result.  If you have science without trade, you have Waterloo/Kitchener.

If you have trading without science, you have HK.  You can buy in the technology needed.  

(Science is not profitable until they are turn into technology, technology is not profitable until they are properly marketed)

It is interesting to know the property of steam (science).   It has a potential to be profitable when someone build the steam engine (technology).  But it will only be profitable if someone would use it (marketing).

And HK is by no means quite an academic center - it's academic position has the distinction of theologists rules over the science. That's why it will never catch up with LA, NY or Singapore. Well, maybe Singapore if central government still have that sympathy. Check the distribution of wealth and average income.

Sorry historically science is not a result of trade, but a result of war. Newtonian physics prevailed only because of their need to kill more Muslims. It's economical implication is at best accidental.

And, how much can you buy in until the Shanghaist get through?? Not long, once mainland is ready.

>If you have science without trade, you have Waterloo/Kitchener

And you gracefully forget about Boston, Berkeley and Madison.
And by the way
Con-artists ARE flooding the market back in mainland. Only that it's in form of underground church.
原帖由 dye 於 2008-4-25 08:57 發表
OECD, academic stand of HK (15 years old, 2003)

OECD, academic stand of HK (15 years old, 2003)

Mathematics (rank 1)
Science (rank 3)
Problem solving (rank 3)

(15 years old, 2006)
Mathematics (Rank 3)
Science (Rank 2)
Reading (rank 3)
------------

Yea they'll count HK's math is no. 1 when the kids there will get blown out of the water by Indian kids and stumbled to ground by Mainland immigrants. How wonderful. And yea, earth is 6000 years old as science education ranking no. 2 too!

(Real question is: How much does the 15 year old kid represents your education standard? None. Most of the heart of BASIC science common sense does not come into the education criteria until Grade 8, of course you can ask how good are kids at in arithmetics and HK will score the best. Yea, you can ask them to have "science terms memorization competition", and they still blows everyone (me the grad student included) off the boat! Does it mean anything about the education when kids will believe that the world is 6000 years old, and evolution is all fake, science is complete fraud, for "better science education"? Answer being obvious. People won't ask why is HK not a part of ITER or CERN or Femi Lab.)
And of course, HK as a city, can have the right compete against China/US as a state with more than half of its island inhabited by people who don't want education to begin with...)

FT EMBA ranking of school (2007)

Rank 1.  HKUST (rising from 3)
Rank15  Chinese University of HK

------------

Yea they'll rank HKUST better than The Ivy Leaguers. Surprise.

Oops, wait

1  Northwestern (Kellogg)
2  Chicago
3  University of Pennsylvania
4  Duke (Fuqua)
5  UNC Chapel-Hill (Kenan-Flagler)
6  USC (Marshall)
7  NYU (Stern)
8  Emory University (Goizueta)
9  Georgetown (McDonough)
10  UCLA (Anderson)
11  Pepperdine University
12  Texas-Austin
13  IMD (Switzerland)

14  Purdue (Krannert)
15  Western Ontario (Ivey)
16  Washington (Olin)
17  Vanderbilt (Owen)
18  Columbia
19  SMU (Cox)
20  Georgia State (Robinson)
21  Thunderbird, American Graduate School of International Management
22  Boston University
23  London Business School
24  Queens University
25  Minnesota (Carlson)

26  Wake Forest (Babcock)
27  Michigan State (Broad)
28  Tulane
29  Case Western Reserve (Weatherhead)
30  Arizona State
31  Pittsburgh (Katz)
32  University of California, Irvine
33  The Chinese University of Hong Kong

Oh Yea you must have read it off from the "non US" list.

Science is only one section of education
--------------

That your entire knowledge is built on. Thank you.

And seriously, you say trust into people who would stil believe that earth has literally only 6000 years old and logic is not as important as faith, as a business partnet? Uh, thanks, I'd rather do business with singaporians.

Income equality

HK Gini 43.4
US Gini 40.8
China 46.9
Canada 32.6
Denmark 24.7 (top ranking)

"To the death" from Wikipedia:

Sweden 23 2005
Denmark 24 2005
Canada 32.1 2005
United States 45 2007
People's Republic of China 46.9 2004
Hong Kong 52.3 2001

[ 本帖最後由 Nomad 於 2008-4-25 12:27 編輯 ]
原帖由 dye 於 2008-4-25 09:43 發表
Look, Step. King. is still alive after distributing ex-christian name card on the street.  The Buddhist nuns are moving safely everyday around the place.

With even the Buddhist organizations speaking the same tone and same speech following whatever the local churches speaks? Yea, sure. Makes

Don't be paraniod.

----------------

Oh, by the way, a whole lot of missioners are still walking around in Iraq quite safely, as well. In fact, they might have had a safer life than the locals.

The censorship board in HK is not officialy a religious entity.  If you wish to change it, you are allow to participate.  Why aren't non-religious participating?  Arbitary?  It has a guideline list in the law.  Obscenity is inheritly subjective.  

The objective is to protect the mass from seeing what they do not wish to see (at bottomline).  Do you really wish to see blood and gore video on the street?  Or adult video openly showing on the big screen outside Longham Plaza?  

>you are allow to participate
WRONG. The head judge appoints its own sub-judges and by far, some 90% of them come from the church.
Of course you can say church school are "public funded" and thus not religious. You can also say some of the US states imposing creationism to be taught, is not done by an "officially religious entity" too! Makes sense? Yes of course! I'm not a religious government, I'm just tearing down this constitution about separation of church and state!
>Arbitary?  It has a guideline list in the law.  Obscenity is inheritly subjective.  
WRONG. read the Bristish laws, compare that with the same law in HK. Personally I read the law and it is as absurd as the fact that there's no individual freedom of religion clause in Basic Law yet have a law that states every church organisation will retain its colonial rights which is, inheritly a symbol of union of church and state.

> Do you really wish to see blood and gore video on the street?  Or adult video openly showing on the big screen outside Longham Plaza?
Don't see how the two relates - Boston, NY, California all have its own laws (of course, ironically, it've been long done with a state imposed standard, the standard, instead, is defined and rated by the industry itself.)

For the thousands of cases it handles, so far so good, but not perfect.  If you think the children need not be protected from obscene material, you also have a right/duty to participate in the law making.  At the moment from the survey (real life), the opinion I see is that the board is not 'strict' enough.

Compare with the board in China, it is simply a tool of government.  If the government official is religious, it will be religious.

So far so good? Barring 40 books in the book exhibition, for not quite many reasons? Or Michelangelo's David? Or maybe the student paper in CU because they ever spoke against them?

And at least, as of how Chinese government is not religious. (Maybe that's why they export and lose so many math experts every year.)

[ 本帖最後由 Nomad 於 2008-4-25 12:48 編輯 ]
原帖由 dye 於 2008-4-25 10:19 發表
When 2 country trade without barrier, the price will balance out with difference only reflecting the risk and transportation.

That's why your country is always in the higher end of price. Because I, as the tech seller, can always a barrier on my side, even if you don't do anything. See why selling European version software in HK was used to be considered a crime yet?

It is quite the opposite.  Only when country is not trading openly that there will be a major price difference across the board.   

Then again, ask the Philipines (who apparently is having a bloodshed every change of government)

As long as the trade is free and the society is stable/lawful, coorporation will move to place with the lowest cost.  They will provide training/education/health care to their worker as it increase the company competitiveness.  Besides, it is also good PR.

If one company act like a fundie and refuse, the next will do it.  The fundie will be placed in a disadvantage quickly.
-----------

Law depends on how much money do you have to impose it and how rich/literate your people are to bargain against.

That kid working like a slave in the factory in Philipines/Indonesia, will still work as Nike's slave for his life.

I rather be something different.

Speaking of business, as you are so interested, let get it to action.  Buy 1000 jeans with anti-Christian logo printed on it is only around USD7.00-9.00/pc, HKD55-70/pc.

Go ahead, place an order and pay 100% deposit.  

I am willing to sell it on the street if you pay me further for retail.  Say, HKD20k/month + all the overheads/startup.

If not, I will also be willing to wear one on the street for free.

PS, I do not wear material with unhealthy message and/or obscenity.

Oh great. (reminds me of Goods of Desire.)

[ 本帖最後由 Nomad 於 2008-4-25 14:23 編輯 ]
返回列表
高級模式 | 發新話題
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies
換一個