—————
一味「必閃」、回避,四圍走是佛道
下下用「集中」是印度教
不停用「自爆」是回教
逢第七、十四、二十一回合都原地不動是猷太教

不理會作戰目標,原全不用「說得」,局局敵全滅的是基徒。

[ 本帖最後由 dye 於 2008-7-25 14:52 編輯 ]

回復 9# onlyaaaa 的帖子

I just met someone from Xichuan, Shanghai, and Beijing today.  Imagine, 5 people from all over China.

Anyway, it is common understanding in the English there are 2 topic that is impolite to start at dinner table:
a) Religion
b) Politic

If you don't understand why, just think about what happen if you start a political conversation with a Chinese taxi driver (like I did today)
For Confuscious fellow, you still bring them over to play SRW

They will use 「說得」 no matter how many hit they took.  The essence is that you are suppose to defeat the enemy without a battle.

回復 19# onlyaaaa 的帖子

Strange, the Chinese I met have no problem starting a topic in religion.  But unlike the western style, they start the conversation about religion with asking if you are in a particular religion (usually Buddhism...  quite a few believe I am a budhist monk when I refuse to smoke, to drink, to gamble, to hire a prostitution, and to ordering vegetable, to meditate occasionally..etc)  I think the intent in China is as you said, but with added intention that they wanted to know so that they will not offend by accident.

The western style will quickly fall into a debate on doctrine (like a lesson in theology).  Something I think Sherman is very familiar with.  In the western sense, telling someone I am a Christian is NOT enough.  You have to tell them you are a Baptist, Anglican, Catholic, etc.
--------------------------

For the taxi, it is probably because I speak the local tongue.  If I start my conversation in Putonghua, they usually keep quiet for all the way.

But once the political conversation started, it is like opening a can of worms.

[ 本帖最後由 dye 於 2008-7-28 11:14 編輯 ]

回復 26# 沙文 的帖子

Exactly.  Everyone in the west know they will be busted if they ask.  But if you just tell someone you are a Christian, it is meaningless (everyone is a Christian).

That is why politics and religion is not a dinner time topic.  It is the kind of topic if you are in need of an heated debate (with guns in your case).

回復 31# 的帖子

Quite the contrary, as a local, I have the local tradition.  Rather, if I am from different part of China, I would probably look different.

For God's sake, I even speak the local language.  (And the whole dialogue concern only local politics also prove the point that it is not a curiosity-talk, but a common gossip on politics.)

For example, the other 2 guest I am carrying with me is from another area of China (Shanghai and Beijing), they have no idea what we are talking about...  How to say it, city dwellers, what do they know about rural life?

------------------
The attitude differ greatly between area of China.  My friend from Shanghai keep commenting how people over here are less cynical.  But my friend from Xichuan is saying how people here lacks culture.  The Shanghai fellow also comment on how wasteful we are in this province, she conclude it as we are too rich.  Comparatively, they are all correct.  

The city folk over here commented as have a high sense of commerce, averagely friendly.  A common theme of comment about city dewller over here is that they have plots, they exploit each other on every opportunity.

[ 本帖最後由 dye 於 2008-7-31 10:32 編輯 ]
返回列表
高級模式 | 發新話題
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies
換一個