返回列表 回覆 發帖

[轉載] Till, 搞咗咁耐,原來只係一場誤會

God is not the Creator, claims academic
The notion of God as the Creator is wrong, claims a top academic, who believes   the Bible has been wrongly translated for thousands of years.
Professor Ellen van Wolde, a respected Old Testament scholar and author,   claims the first sentence of Genesis "in the beginning God created the   Heaven and the Earth" is not a true translation of the Hebrew.
She claims she has carried out fresh textual analysis that suggests the   writers of the great book never intended to suggest that God created the   world -- and in fact the Earth was already there when he created humans and   animals.

Prof Van Wolde, 54, who will present a thesis on the subject at Radboud   University in The Netherlands where she studies, said she had re-analysed   the original Hebrew text and placed it in the context of the Bible as a   whole, and in the context of other creation stories from ancient Mesopotamia.
She said she eventually concluded the Hebrew verb "bara", which is used in the   first sentence of the book of Genesis, does not mean "to create" but to   "spatially separate".
The first sentence should now read "in the beginning God separated the Heaven   and the Earth"
According to Judeo-Christian tradition, God created the Earth out of nothing.
Prof Van Wolde, who once worked with the Italian academic and novelist Umberto   Eco, said her new analysis showed that the beginning of the Bible was not   the beginning of time, but the beginning of a narration.
She said: "It meant to say that God did create humans and animals, but not the   Earth itself."
She writes in her thesis that the new translation fits in with ancient texts.
According to them there used to be an enormous body of water in which monsters   were living, covered in darkness, she said.
She said technically "bara" does mean "create" but added: "Something was wrong   with the verb.
"God was the subject (God created), followed by two or more objects. Why did   God not create just one thing or animal, but always more?"
She concluded that God did not create, he separated: the Earth from the   Heaven, the land from the sea, the sea monsters from the birds and the   swarming at the ground.
"There was already water," she said.
"There were sea monsters. God did create some things, but not the Heaven and   Earth. The usual idea of creating-out-of-nothing, creatio ex nihilo, is a   big misunderstanding."
God came later and made the earth livable, separating the water from the land   and brought light into the darkness.
She said she hoped that her conclusions would spark "a robust debate", since   her finds are not only new, but would also touch the hearts of many   religious people.
She said: "Maybe I am even hurting myself. I consider myself to be religious   and the Creator used to be very special, as a notion of trust. I want to   keep that trust."
A spokesman for the Radboud University said: "The new interpretation is a   complete shake up of the story of the Creation as we know it."
Prof Van Wolde added: "The traditional view of God the Creator is untenable   now."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/6274502/God-is-not-the-Creator-claims-academic.html
Don't know where God is but the Devil is in the details
搞左咁耐, 賺左 till 囉.
返回列表
高級模式 | 發新話題
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies
換一個