返回列表 回覆 發帖

獲獎:佛教是「世界上最好的宗教」

Buddhism Wins Best Religion in the World Award

Wednesday July 15, 2009 Linda Moulin |15.07.2009 | 16:55 Tribune de Geneve In advance of their annual Leading Figureaward to a religious figure who has done the most to advance the cause of humanism and peace, the Geneva-based International Coalition for the Advancement of Religious and Spirituality (ICARUS) has chosen to bestow aspecial award this year on the Buddhist Community.

We typically prefer an under-the-radar approach for the organization, as we try to embody the spirit of modesty found in the greatest traditions,” said ICARUS director Hans Groehlichen in a phone conference Monday. “But with organized religion increasingly used as a tool to separate and inflame rather than bring together, we felt we had to take the unusual stepof creating a “Best Religion in the World” award and making a bit of a stir, toinspire other religious leaders to see what is possible when you practice compassion.

Groehlichen said the award was voted on by an international round table of more than 200 religious leaders from every part of the spiritual spectrum.
”It was interesting to note that once we supplied the criteria, many religious leaders voted for Buddhism rather than their own religion,” said Groehlichen.”Buddhists actually make up atiny minority of our membership, so it was fascinating but quite exciting that they won.”

Criteria included factors such as promotingpersonal and community peace, increasing compassion and a sense of connection,and encouraging preservation of the natural environment. Groehlichen continued“The biggest factor for us is that ICARUS was founded by spiritual and religious people to bring the concepts of non-violence to prominence insociety.
One of the key questions in ourvoting process was which religion actually practices non-violence.”When presenting the information to the voting members, ICARUS researched each of the 38 religions on the ballot extensively, offering background, philosophy, andthe religions role in government and warfare.

Jonna Hult, Director of Research for ICARUS said “It wasn’t a surprise to me that Buddhism won Best Religion in the World, because we could find literally not one single instance of a war fought in thename of Buddhism, in contrast to every other religion that seems to keep a gunin the closet just in case God makes a mistake.
We were hard pressed to even find a Buddhist that had ever been in anarmy. These people practice what they preach to an extent we simply could notdocument with any other spiritual tradition.”At least one Catholic priest spokeout on behalf of Buddhism.
Father Ted O’Shaughnessy said from Belfast, “As much as I love the Catholic Church, it hasalways bothered me to no end that we preach love in our scripture yet then claim to know God’s will when it comes to killing other humans. For that reason, I did have to cast my vote for the Buddhists.”

And Muslim Cleric Tal Bin Wassad agreed from Pakistanvia his translator. “While I am a devout Muslim, I can see how much anger and bloodshed is channeled into religious expression rather than dealt with on apersonal level. The Buddhists have that figured out.” Bin Wassad, the ICARUS voting member for Pakistan’s Muslim community continued, “In fact, some of my best friends are Buddhist.”

And Rabbi Shmuel Wasserstein said from Jerusalem, “Of course, Ilove Judaism, and I think it’s the greatest religion in the world. But to behonest, I’ve been practicing Vipassana meditation every day before minyan(daily Jewish prayer) since 1993.
So Iget it.”

Groehlichen said that the plan was for theaward to Buddhism for “Best Religion in the World” to be given to leaders fromthe various lineages in the Buddhist community. However, there was one snag.“Basically we can’t find anyone to give it to,” said Groehlichen in a follow up call late Tuesday. “All the Buddhists we call keep saying they don’t want the award.”

Groehlichen explained the strange behavior, saying “Basically they are all saying they are a philosophical tradition, not areligion. But that doesn’t change the fact that with this award we acknowledge their philosophy of personal responsibility and personal transformation to be the best in the world and the most important for the challenges facing every individual and all living beings in the coming centuries.

When asked why the Burmese Buddhist community refused the award, Buddhist monk Bhante Ghurata Hanta said from Burma, “We are grateful for the acknowledgement, but we give this award to all humanity, for Buddha nature lies within each of us.”
Groehlichen went onto say “We’re going to keep calling around until we find a Buddhist who will accept it. We’ll let you know when we do.”

http://jonathanfoust.wordpress.com/2009/08/02/buddhism-wins-best-religion-in-the-world-award/

淚兒 發表於 2010/5/7 09:01

感謝淚兒版友的分享。

由於佛教界謙遜地拒絕接受獎項,更顯高尚情操,但大會就因此而沒有頒獎了。亦因此有關此獎的資料就沒有再推廣,這是可以理解的。

But why not 改為「最多教徒被雞姦獎」,再行投票呢?梵帝岡絕不會不接受獎項呀!這就更有意義啦!
文中的 ICARUS 是甚麼組織?
咁國際性的組織呀, 但怎會連一個官方網站都無的?
beebeechan 發表於 2010/5/7 12:35

您問得咁無厘頭茄?
理由您自己都解釋咗啦,仲要問, :

因為互聯網是很好的工具. 也可以是很垃圾的工具.
既然咁垃圾, 本會就不設官方網站啦
証明明白聖經的人, 看法是一致的
牧師, 神父的解經沒有分別
beebeechan 發表於 2010/5/8 05:17

証明明白聖經的人, 看法是一致地人云亦云嘛
回復 40# beebeechan
長子不肖,可以殺長子嘛
慣咗手勢咖啦
但最弊獨生子又實係長子, 咁, 解經就解唔到有前有後
佢在天文學上有過咩學術發表?
beebeechan 發表於 2010/5/8 10:52

燒人之時順便燒埋學術發表嘛。唔係點會有機會咁樣問喎?
將布魯諾的著作列入為禁書係掩眼法嘛
燒一部份, 禁一部份, 咁後人就不知布魯諾曾有天文學學術發表啦
Don't know where God is but the Devil is in the details
回復 67# beebeechan

咁又唔會。萬一將來俾人抄家就水洗都唔清嘛。布魯諾天文學論文得以重見天日,咁煩蒂肛就水洗都唔清嘛。
回復 69# beebeechan

跟唔到乃正常現象。呢尐嘢冇理由做咗會認嘛
我來, 不是要您明播
回復 73# beebeechan
同您一樣。
我來, 係要話俾世人知:

(第二)
教會工作是救靈魂, 不是去記錄歷代大事的機構.
無義務要給世人一本客觀無誤的歷史文獻.

---- 所以, 就冇將「燒布魯諾時用其天文學著作透火」此大事記錄,乃是合情合理嘛。您自己都係咁話咖嘛
回復 78# beebeechan
呢個叫做   The M theory 嘛. 您想將物理系改組為醫學院您做院長咩?
回復 84# beebeechan

點會唔教Parallel universe呀?您讀邊間咖?
雞姦細路仔仲好啦

回復 91# beebeechan

您唔准巫婆靚嘅咩? 但係16哥准神父做雞姦佬嘛
兩種身份可兼收並蓄、并存不悖者也
好比universes都有parallel啦
回復 93# Nomad

一切由Schrödinger's cat做起, 買隻養下先咯

[img] [/img]
回復 95# beebeechan