————————
先生

對老師的尊稱。管子˙弟子職:先生施教,弟子是則。初刻拍案驚奇˙卷十三:延一個老成名師,擇日叫他拜了先生

—————
會不會因先生是Mr. 所以女先生叫Miss?

------------
SIR 則可見維基

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir

in formal protocol Sir is the correct styling for a knight or a baronet (the UK nobiliary rank just below all Peers of the realm), used with the knight's given name or full name, but not with the surname alone (Sir Isaac Newton or Sir Isaac, not Sir Newton). However, in Chinese, the title Sir (爵士) is used with the knight's surname or full name. The equivalent for a woman is Dame (for one who holds the title in her own right). The wife of a knight, or baronet, is however styled Lady (Surname).

....wast sir, on its own, is sometimes used by schoolchildren to address a male teacher. It is common in British tabloid newspaper slang as a shorthand for 'schoolteacher': Sir's sex shame. Usage of "sir" commonly appears in schools in portions of the Southern United States. 

[ 本帖最後由 dye 於 2007-8-14 00:02 編輯 ]
我猜想,把sir放在後(如沙sir)是不是和中文文法有關?

沙老爺
沙先生
沙長官
沙大狀

好像名字是被慣性地放在前面。我只能想到老沙是把沙放在後
而本身sir是可以單用,兩個一中一英合起來……

[ 本帖最後由 dye 於 2007-8-13 23:29 編輯 ]
Miss

Miss is a title typically used for an unmarried woman (not entitled to a higher title).

--------------------------
Mrs, Ms, Mrs are 3 defferent form of the same word.  I am not sure if all the female teacher are called Mrs instead of Miss

回復 #12 沙文 的帖子

如果用中式把名放在前面,是否該照中國禮貌,不直呼長輩的名字?

沙先生而不叫文先生
沙老大而不叫文老大

回復 #14 沙文 的帖子

My teacher include Miss Yuan, Miss Lin.  But I am not sure if I am too young to be in your generation, or if they are unique.

Or if you happened to be in a all married woman school.

回復 #16 沙文 的帖子

但是叫的是「沙sir」,而不是「sir Sa」

本來就是半中半英嘛。似乎是中國文法西洋字。

回復 #18 沙文 的帖子

I did not verified then and is unable to verified now.  Any good plan to do it?
那照英是sir 文 (Men),不可是sir Sa

但照中卻是沙SIR(老師),不可是文老師
四海之內皆兄弟嘛
教友之間也稱弟兄

陶淵明有云:

落地為兄弟,
何必骨肉親?

--------
On the other hand, from my dictionary, "Uncle" is also a name you use to call an elderly man.

[ 本帖最後由 dye 於 2007-9-11 10:50 編輯 ]
The American Heritage Dictionary

un·cle  

2. Used as a form of address for an older man, especially by children.
3. A kindly counselor.
4. Slang A pawnbroker.
5. Uncle Uncle Sam.
Yes. I know they do not use Uncle in day to day speech.  However, I think they understand what we mean when we use it.
Exactly.  If the purpose is ONLY to convey the minimum message, it is good enough.  Dye can do it, so can YOU.

If you are trying to convey some meaning beyond that, you will need fit better into the culture with grammar, language, and maybe maybe prop (Like some greenback or roses will be useful).  It takes Sherman-level communication skill to achieve any success in asking the question.

As I said, Sherman's lanuguage skill is beyond layman like me, it may take me a lifetime learning to reach that level.
返回列表
高級模式 | 發新話題
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies
換一個