返回列表 回覆 發帖

认识佛教(净空法师讲述)很浅白的

a) If someone is all knowing, did he teach his friend some medical knowledge so that the babies can be saved?  If not why did he left babies to suffer and die?  It is problem of evil in a minor scale.

b) Is the school teaches about the past and the future, have they teach about Theory of Evolution and the Evolution Tree of Life?  The cosmic history of Earth?  

If they are going to teach about future, did they teach about extra-terrestrial colonization?

Under what bases do they knowledge come from?  Thinking?  Revelation?  That is precisely philosophy and/or religion.
------

I personally see this only as a word game.  Simply redefining words like Christians.

回復 10# 口琴王 的帖子

Did Buddha teaches others how to do CPR?  Or better technique to farm to prevent famine?  Or the bateria theory so that people can prevent disease?

---------------
The obvious question will be

a) There are sadist in this world.  Some just enjoy suffering.  

b) How does Buddha knows what he claims to know?  Revelation? Thinking/meditation?

Well, that is just philosophy/religion/superstition.
-------------------

Before we go around 'teach' other stuff, is it not part of our responsibility to verify via observable evidence that the stuff is true first?

How do you plan to verify it?  In scientific wording, under what observation will your hypothesis be falsified?

回復 14# 口琴王 的帖子

This fall right int the SAME problem that Christianity fall in the problem of evil.

I show you the tales used by atheist used to demonstrate to Christian:

----------------------------
Previously "The Five Officers" (2000), and then changed to "The Nine Officers" (2001), Vuletic has now made the final update to this essay to include a total of twelve points of view.

It was, of course, sad to hear that Ms. K had been slowly raped and murdered by a common thug over the course of one hour and fifty-five minutes; but when I found out that the ordeal had taken place in plain sight of twelve fully-armed off-duty police officers, who ignored her terrified cries for help, and instead just watched until the act was carried to its gruesome end, I found myself facing a personal crisis. You see, the officers had all been very close friends of mine, but now I found my trust in them shaken to its core. Fortunately, I was able to talk with them afterwards, and ask them how they could have stood by and done nothing when they could so easily have saved Ms. K.

"I'll let you in on a secret," said the ninth officer."Moments after Ms. K. flatlined, I had her resuscitated, and flown to a tropical resort where she is now experiencing extraordinary bliss, and her ordeal is just a distant memory. I'm sure you would agree that that's more than adequate compensation for her suffering, so the fact that I just stood there watching instead of intervening has no bearing at all on my goodness."

By now, it had become clear to me that any difficulty I might have had in reconciling the presumed goodness of the officers with their behavior that day was unfounded, and that anyone who sided against them could do so only for love of evil over good. After all, anyone who has experienced their friendship in the way I have knows that they are good. Their goodness is even manifest in my life - I was in a shambles before I met them, but now everyone remarks on what a changed person I am, so much kinder and happier, apparently possessed of an inner calm. And I have met so many others who feel exactly the same way about them - so many who, like me, know in their hearts the truth that others try to rationalize away with their cold reason and sterile logic. I am ashamed that I ever doubted the entitlement of the twelve officers to my loyalty and my love.

As I was getting ready to leave, the first officer spoke up again. "By the way, I also think you should know that when we stood there watching Ms. K. get raped and stabbed over and over, we were suffering along with her, and we experienced exactly the same pain she did, or perhaps even more." And everyone in the room, myself included, nodded his head in agreement.
----------------

You see, follwoing this reason, we should be building monastary instead of hospital.  Exactly the same reason Christian build church instead of hospital.

We should chant the word of Buddha on a helicopter watching people drown to death instead of  going down and save a few in tsunami.  Exactly the same reason Christian used in tsunami.

Why?  Because it is exactly what Buddha would have done.  Because it is exactly any rational folk would have done when they fully accept the teaching.

If you are shot on the street, would you wish a monk to come over and give you CPR?  Or chant the buddhist teaching while watch you die a painful death?
-----------

The second question is if he obtain his 'truth' from meditating, how do he or anyone know if he is just day-dreaming or not?

Did not Aristotle teach us a lesson on how easily it is to fall astray (in finding 'truth') with meditation?

For get about him, how do YOU know he is right?

[ 本帖最後由 dye 於 2008-4-24 09:04 編輯 ]

回復 13# 口琴王 的帖子

I read the analogy you post:

The immdiate question is:

How do the old man outside KNOWS that it is the children that is in fooled by the house, but not himself that is fooled?

For all we know, if he is only meditating, it could be an illusion.  
As added for the folks in the house, as the man has a record of lying, they will need to distinguish if he is lying at the moment.

If he did observe, we still ask if he has done the proper observation.  Has he check if there is an even worse disaster waiting outside?  For example, tiger hiding in the shadow?  Ghost haunting behind him?

What is the probability that EVERYONE in the house is having an illusion compare to the old man himself alone is having one?  Why do you think the old man will need to resort to lying in the first place?  

-----------------------
The second question is the tactic he employ does not work for all.  If there is a babies trapped in a burning building, akin to people who lack the intelligence to understand or simply do not have the opportunity to listen, firefighter would have attempt to either keep the building standing or forcefully carry  the person out.  Shouting outside is simply unwise/cold hearted.

Keeping the building standing will be simliar to CPR, medicine, farming.  Forceful bringing people out will be similar to monk murdering in the name of Buddha (happen both in Qing and Japan).  The question remain, why did not Buddha teach CPR if he knows it)?

Do you sit outside and scream your lungs out if YOUR children is in a burning house?  Or would you
a) Attempt to put out the fire, or at least cool it down a bit to give time?
b) Go in to the house and pull your children out regardless of what they are doing?

[ 本帖最後由 dye 於 2008-4-24 10:08 編輯 ]
返回列表
高級模式 | 發新話題
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies
換一個