you can describe it "百无禁忌"
b)taxi driver will not start a conversion actively
( ...

first ,
welcome back to pack[[[[[noun]]]]
welcome back to pack[[[[[verb]]]]

:跪拜:

[ 本帖最後由 prussianz 於 2008-7-27 12:03 編輯 ]
exChristian.info前基督徒,主力:淚儿/泪儿,WEIYAN,龙井树。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。警告 基督徒:你们一定不够他们玩
realChristianities.com雪龙坛
原帖由 onlyaaaa 於 2008-7-27 11:07 發表
answer for two also
a)chinese people do not start this 2 topics on purpose
more sation is: they talk around anything
( ...

felicitations , 95% correct !!!!

your English-language-,,,,,deployment"""" has been much improved since i kent thee the first time

exChristian.info前基督徒,主力:淚儿/泪儿,WEIYAN,龙井树。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。警告 基督徒:你们一定不够他们玩
原帖由 onlyaaaa 於 2008-7-27 11:07 發表
answer for two also
a)chinese people do not start this 2 topics on purpose
more sation is: they talk around anything
( ...

wouldest thou mind me to point out some glitches
[[[[[ glitches potentially , according my own subjectiveness ]]]] in thy English sentences ??

sorry4noseyDutchUncle

[ 本帖最後由 prussianz 於 2008-7-27 12:25 編輯 ]

回復 19# onlyaaaa 的帖子

Strange, the Chinese I met have no problem starting a topic in religion.  But unlike the western style, they start the conversation about religion with asking if you are in a particular religion (usually Buddhism...  quite a few believe I am a budhist monk when I refuse to smoke, to drink, to gamble, to hire a prostitution, and to ordering vegetable, to meditate occasionally..etc)  I think the intent in China is as you said, but with added intention that they wanted to know so that they will not offend by accident.

The western style will quickly fall into a debate on doctrine (like a lesson in theology).  Something I think Sherman is very familiar with.  In the western sense, telling someone I am a Christian is NOT enough.  You have to tell them you are a Baptist, Anglican, Catholic, etc.
--------------------------

For the taxi, it is probably because I speak the local tongue.  If I start my conversation in Putonghua, they usually keep quiet for all the way.

But once the political conversation started, it is like opening a can of worms.

[ 本帖最後由 dye 於 2008-7-28 11:14 編輯 ]
原帖由 dye 於 2008-7-27 19:07 發表
The western style will quickly fall into a debate on doctrine (like alesson in theology).  Something I think Sherman is very familiarwith.  In the western sense, telling someone I am a Christian is NOTenough.  You have to tell them you are a Baptist, Anglican, Catholic,etc.
Are U kidding me? Who will ask to get him/herself busted like this?
Don't know where God is but the Devil is in the details
原帖由 沙文 於 2008-7-27 11:49 發表
我知,好似您而家咁呀嘛。點解您地又冇在合适的时候向人表明自己著咩色底橫?

你的廣東話可否不要那樣專門?「書面」系統應付不了啊,國內同胞基督徒可能認為我們在說方言的。 如: 底橫 = 底褲

全句書面語應為:

我知道,好像現在這樣嘛。為何您地又在合适的时候向人表明自己穿著甚麼顏色的底褲?
支持鼓勵每位離教者 › 閹割神父 刻不容緩 ‹

回復 26# 沙文 的帖子

Exactly.  Everyone in the west know they will be busted if they ask.  But if you just tell someone you are a Christian, it is meaningless (everyone is a Christian).

That is why politics and religion is not a dinner time topic.  It is the kind of topic if you are in need of an heated debate (with guns in your case).
原帖由 抽刀斷水 於 2008-7-27 20:10 發表
我知道,好像現在這樣嘛。為何您地又在合适的时候向人表明自己穿著甚麼顏色的底褲?
好像有点不妥啊!您不要欺負我讀書不多。書面語不叫「底褲」,叫「內袴」
Don't know where God is but the Devil is in the details

回復 29# 沙文 的帖子

你對!

回復 25# dye 的帖子

That`s very common
because your behavior is different with them
and
for one reason is they are curious  
another
is they can make sure what your regilion is forbidden to
“己所欲不予勿施于人”
“由己及人”
Chinese is more consider what others thought
for they can treat  others friendly
"有朋自远方来,不亦悦乎“
the above is me

回復 31# 的帖子

Quite the contrary, as a local, I have the local tradition.  Rather, if I am from different part of China, I would probably look different.

For God's sake, I even speak the local language.  (And the whole dialogue concern only local politics also prove the point that it is not a curiosity-talk, but a common gossip on politics.)

For example, the other 2 guest I am carrying with me is from another area of China (Shanghai and Beijing), they have no idea what we are talking about...  How to say it, city dwellers, what do they know about rural life?

------------------
The attitude differ greatly between area of China.  My friend from Shanghai keep commenting how people over here are less cynical.  But my friend from Xichuan is saying how people here lacks culture.  The Shanghai fellow also comment on how wasteful we are in this province, she conclude it as we are too rich.  Comparatively, they are all correct.  

The city folk over here commented as have a high sense of commerce, averagely friendly.  A common theme of comment about city dewller over here is that they have plots, they exploit each other on every opportunity.

[ 本帖最後由 dye 於 2008-7-31 10:32 編輯 ]
返回列表
高級模式 | 發新話題
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies
換一個