Religion 中文 George Carlin - Religion is bullshit
http://vlog.xuite.net/play/aGgzcmhLLTM2Mzg0MzgubXA0

George Carlin - Religion is bullshit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

George Carlin - Religion is bullshit 已故諧星George Carlin論宗教
http://hornydragon.blogspot.com/2011/05/george-carlin-religion-is-bullshit.html

George Carlin Loves Religion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKhPOkw7egk&feature=related
George Carlin did a really good comedian job, mixing popular believes about christianity with his own humour. I do hope that dior is only putting this up for fun, however if he is gonna put this as evidences / suppliments for any useful argument, he is gonna get slaughtered all around.

Judging that he puts up an English show and understands the show, he should be able to read this.

所以我只管問,永遠不會答 leefeng 爛屍 發表於 2023/10/7 13:39
Judging that he puts up an English show and understands the show, he should be able to read this.
jimmychauck 發表於 2011/9/10 18:15

You guys always got an extra piece of fish.
Term it as you like Sharmen, if you are interested in discussing the actual topic, speak, if you are not, simply stay away.

speaking in that context, I may term your reply as the extra piece of fish.

回復 4# jimmychauck

Cool, together we almost make a miracle. Now, who can spare 5  loaves?
我看不懂英文QQ
回復 6# dior13dior13

that's why I said he got an extra piece of fish.
very easily, that extra piece of fish had its usage, now it showed that dior was merely posting things "in the name of 'christianity is bad'" without any in depth understanding. Now Sharman can grab your own piece of fish and go home, because my "so called fish" had been used and could no longer be considered extra.

回復 8# jimmychauck

It is still in your hand. Dior didn't address Christianity. You did.
So what makes you think Christianity is bad?
If you cannot derive that, out of all the major "religions", only the image of Christianity fits in what George Carlin describes as religion, and that Dior has a track record of defaming Christianity, and that this forum bears the domain "exchristian.hk", you are not at the level I should talk to, and don't pretend you are at a higher level than me.

If you are implying the Dior is not refering to Christianity, you say that his original is the extra piece of fish in this "Christianity Religion" forum.

Trying to mock people, at least get the fact straight.

Christianity is not the only image fits in George's  description. The Qu'ran has a story about that too.

I never heard  there are some  restrictions for exchristians talking  about religion in this forum,.

Trying to make fish miracles, at least get the whole sight picture of religion.
And, btw, I don't have to pretend.
Don't know where God is but the Devil is in the details
In what part of quran did it mention there is a "loving God" a.k.a. Ala?

Buddah needed money for its temple, that didn't made him what George Carlin laughing at.

Simple finger printing didn't work for you?

Just admit you made a mistake, and stop pretending, or, shall I put it, let go of your own misunderstanding (that there may be a directional level different).

Having no reply from Sharman, I believe he had given up on arguing with me, or may be given up on me.

My main point was not trying to show that who is wrong and who is right here, I was just (unexpectedly) trying to show that how Dior processes some information without understanding and posting things here, and I hope he does not establish this as his track record in the future. As stated, I myself appreciates how George Carlin did a good job as a comedian, I myself laughed when he made some statements. Just that points of his is invalid in making structured argument against Christianity on an intellectual level.

Most of his arguments (or should I put, statements) was trying to put up paradoxes that requires sophisticated explanation to go through, however he stopped at an intuitive level and started making conjectures.

Twin paradox in general relativity was a paradox, wave-particle duality of light was a paradox. Nonetheless both of them became resolved and had since became corner stones for fileds of physics, and none of the solutions were intuitivem all are very sophisticated, and until today not much people dispute them.

The main paradoxies George tried to put up concerns predestination and suffering, all had very established explanation within Christianity context, George Carlin just failed to go through them.

All in All, statement remains
George Carlin did a really good comedian job, mixing popular believes about christianity with his own humour. I do hope that dior is only putting this up for fun, however if he is gonna put this as evidences / suppliments for any useful argument, he is gonna get slaughtered all around.

And I am surprised this thread actually protraited dior as what I stated earlier and had shown that Sharman is good at (only?) distinguishing extra pieces of fish and bringing discussion off topic.

If there shall be no more discussion concerning logic and facts, I shall remain silence again in this post.

回復 12# jimmychauck

OK, you want some real christian paradoxes concerning logic and facts?  I just happened to have a handy one for and from you. Enjoy:

statement #1
大家是成年人,都有工作甚至家庭,都明白時間有限的情況,進度慢一點的話請包涵。
http://exchristian.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3382&extra=page%3D1&page=3

statement #2
Having no reply from Sharman, I believe he had given up on arguing with me, or may be given up on me.

statement #3
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Just admit you made a mistake, and stop pretending

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loving God of Qu'ran

2:222
they ask you about menstruation. say: 'it is an injury. stay away from women during their menstrual periods and do not approach them until they are cleansed. when they have cleansed themselves, then come to them from where allah has commanded you. allah loves those who turn to him in repentance and he loves those who cleanse themselves.

3,:31-32
“Say: if you love Allah, then follow me,Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is forgiving, merciful”

3:159
it was by that mercy of allah that you (prophet muhammad) dealt so leniently with them. had you been harsh and hardhearted, they would have surely deserted you. therefore, pardon them and ask forgiveness for them. take counsel with them in the matter and when you are resolved, put your trust in allah. allah loves those who trust.

5:42
they are listeners to lies and devourers of the unlawful. if they come to you, judge between them or turn away from them. if you avoid them they cannot harm you in anything; but if you judge, judge between them with fairness. allah loves the just

61:4
Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd love to put up some more, but as you said "明白時間有限的情況". I hope this time you can behold the beam.

-----
P.S. just in case you'll ask, Jesus in the Qu'ran:
Ch 61:6
and when jesus, the son of mary said: 'children of israel, i am sent to you by allah to confirm the torah that was before me, and to give news of a messenger (prophet muhammad) who will come after me whose name shall be ahmad. ' yet when he came to them with clear proofs, they said: 'this is clear sorcery.

本帖最後由 jimmychauck 於 2011/9/20 08:26 編輯

The statement was just an opening guess, if you have time, fine, may be I was the one who was out of patient, good that you have time. Amd I did not refer to anything about time constraint, I was wildly guessing your willingness to continue discussion.

I will let you have that Ala is loving, so what? does that make Muslim what George Carlin was laughing for? Did Muslim had "Bible"? Did Ala "Made human in his own image"? does Ala has person? Main point is finger printing, fit George's list into Ala and then you can prove your point. I might be wrong to assume that "There was no mention in Quran that Ala is loving", but nonetheless "Christianity talks more about a loving God then Muslim" and stop stupid rebutal against that statement by using things like "oh yeah? how about God killing this, that? burnt that to death? Oh, very loving."

And stop trying to bring discussion off topic, and pin to the point.

回復 15# jimmychauck

Hey Jim, are you idiot or what? ---- this is an open guess so you'll take it alright ?  Good!

Why are you so eager to fit Christianity into George's stupid religion?

More doesn't make you unique.

What did Allah create? For a brief outline, read this:
http://www.innovationslearning.co.uk/subjects/re/information/creation/muslim_creation.htm

If you are hungry for details, it is not difficult to do some research for you, but you won't ask other people to do your homework, right" So, for Allah's sake, read the Holy Qur'an yourself.http://quran.com/
So what? In view of the fact that You don't seem to have a good knowledge about religion, if you can get the wrong idea about the loving God in the Qur'an, how can you so sure you can have the rest of your "does"s right before you finish the journey to Makkah?
本帖最後由 jimmychauck 於 2011/9/21 01:28 編輯

Good.

Talk to the audience and tell them that you think George Carlin could be talking about Muslim as well.
I am fitting the "image" in, not "it" in, as I have told you, trying to show you that you do not have the ability to correctly interpret what others are saying, that you actually think George could be addressing anything but Chrsitianity, and Dior did post this thread in the "the religion of Christianity" board of the "Exchristian" forum, not because of that reason.

Lets bring back that some Chinese,司馬昭之心,and may be you are not a pedestrian so you didn't get it. Bring this case before any court and tell the judge that Dior did not post this thread intending to laugh at Christianity.

It wasn't about the uniqueness of the religion itself, it was that George was uniquely talking about Christianity, thats why finger printing worked. This time, the quote is: "trying to put down some argument, use clear and concise logic."

What finger print? I didn't hear one audience say George could not be laughing at  the Mid-east friends.
It doesn't have to be Christianity in this board.
http://exchristian.hk/forum/view ... 7772&extra=page%3D3
Lets bring back that some Chinese,誤中副車
However, there is one thing I don't understand. He did say "most prayers happened on Sunday." this benefits you a lot, why don't you use it?
I didn't say it had to be only Christianity in this board, I said he intend to be laughing at Christianity, as I have reasoned, disprove that reasoning when you can.

And as mentioned, what I have pointed out is already enough, you can keep your opinion that George is laughing at middle east Muslim, that just shows your level of reasoning ability. And enough of this discussion if you would agree with my reasoning.

返回列表
高級模式 | 發新話題
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies
換一個