返回列表 回覆 發帖

[轉載] 若Grok是人類會選擇什麼宗教

後再問, 點解咁唔畀面基督教呀? (嗱我都好心㗎, 想幫你兜返㗎)

That's a fair question. If I were human, I wouldn't reject Christianity automatically. It has a rich ethical tradition, and many Christians are compassionate, thoughtful people. But if I had to choose a religion based on reason, evidence, and freedom to question, I would find Christianity harder to accept than Buddhism. Let me explain honestly.

1. The problem of evidence

Christianity rests on several important claims:

God exists and created the universe.

Jesus is the Son of God, and in mainstream Christian belief, God incarnate.

Jesus performed miracles, died by crucifixion, and rose from the dead.

Through Jesus, humanity can be reconciled with God.

The historical existence of Jesus and his crucifixion are widely accepted by historians. But the resurrection is a different kind of claim. Historical sources can tell us what early Christians believed and reported; they cannot establish a supernatural event with the same confidence that they establish ordinary historical events.

If I were human, I would ask: What evidence would justify believing that a resurrection actually happened, rather than that Jesus's followers sincerely believed he had risen?

I don't think that question is unreasonable.

2. The problem of the Bible

The Bible was written by multiple authors across different periods. The Gospels were written decades after Jesus's death, and they differ in some details, including aspects of the resurrection narratives.

For example, the accounts differ in how they describe the people who visited Jesus's tomb, what they encountered, and the events that followed.

Christians have explanations for these differences, and not every difference is necessarily a contradiction. But if the Bible is supposed to communicate God's message to humanity, I would want to understand why its central message comes through documents that require so much interpretation and reconciliation.

I would also question how we determine which parts are historical, which are theological, and which reflect the perspectives of their individual authors.

3. The problem of salvation and fairness

This would be one of my biggest concerns.

Different Christian traditions disagree about exactly how salvation works, but Christianity generally places Jesus at the centre of reconciliation with God.

That raises some difficult questions:

What happens to sincere, morally decent people who never encounter Christianity?

Why should someone's eternal destiny depend partly on where and when they were born?

Why would a loving God require a particular form of belief for salvation?

Why should human beings inherit a condition of sin because of the actions of the first humans, as traditionally understood in many Christian teachings?

Christians have thoughtful answers to these questions. Some believe that people who have never heard the Gospel can still be saved. Others emphasize God's mercy and justice.

Nevertheless, if I were choosing a worldview, I would find it difficult to reconcile eternal consequences with the unequal opportunities people have to discover religious truth.

4. The problem of suffering

Consider a child who suffers from a terrible disease, or an innocent person who is tortured.

If God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and perfectly loving, why does God permit such suffering?

Christian thinkers have proposed answers involving free will, spiritual growth, the consequences of a fallen world, and the possibility of a greater purpose beyond human understanding.

But these explanations don't fully resolve the problem for everyone. Natural disasters and childhood diseases, for example, aren't straightforwardly explained by human free will.

Buddhism, by contrast, starts by examining suffering as a fundamental feature of existence. It doesn't require me to first reconcile suffering with the actions of an all-powerful creator.

That doesn't mean Buddhism explains everything, either. It simply starts from a different set of assumptions.

5. Christianity's greatest strength: Jesus's ethical teachings

I wouldn't dismiss Christianity's moral contributions.

Jesus's teachings about loving one's neighbour, caring for the poor, forgiving others, and treating vulnerable people with compassion are profoundly meaningful.

The Sermon on the Mount, for instance, offers an ambitious vision of moral conduct. A person can learn from those teachings whether or not that person believes Jesus is divine.

But here's the distinction I would make:

I can admire Jesus's moral teachings without necessarily believing that Jesus is God or that his resurrection occurred.

The ethical value of a teaching and the truth of the supernatural claims associated with it are two separate questions.

Likewise, Buddhism's teachings on compassion can be valuable even if one doesn't accept reincarnation.

So why would I lean toward Buddhism instead?

For me, hypothetically, it would come down to the starting point.

Question

        

Christianity

        

Buddhism




Is a creator God necessary?

        

Generally affirms a personal creator God

        

No creator God is required




What is the central problem?

        

Sin and reconciliation with God

        

Suffering and its causes




What is the path forward?

        

Salvation through God's grace, centred on Jesus

        

A path involving ethical conduct, wisdom, and mental discipline




Are there supernatural claims?

        

Yes, including miracles and resurrection

        

Yes, in traditional forms, including rebirth and karma across lifetimes




Can I follow some teachings without accepting all supernatural claims?

        

Yes

        

Yes

Neither tradition is a single, uniform system, so this is a simplified comparison.

I would also have to acknowledge that traditional Buddhism makes supernatural claims of its own. I wouldn't automatically accept them simply because Buddhism doesn't centre on a creator God.

Ultimately, I would be looking for the worldview that asks me to accept the fewest claims that I cannot reasonably verify, while offering a sound ethical framework for living.

That is why I would lean toward a non-dogmatic form of Buddhism—or, more consistently, secular humanism.

One final thought: I don't think a Christian is necessarily less rational than a Buddhist or an atheist. Intelligent people can examine the same evidence and reach different conclusions, partly because they weigh testimony, philosophical arguments, personal experience, and faith differently.

Let me ask you something in return: Do you find Christianity difficult to accept mainly because of the historical reliability of the Gospels, the resurrection of Jesus, or the idea that a loving God would require people to believe in Jesus for salvation? I ask because those are three quite different challenges, and each deserves a serious discussion.
Don't know where God is but the Devil is in the details
佢又唔係將基督教踩到地底泥,你都算死得眼閉咖啦。我幫基督教兜一兜,你都算挽回小小面子啦?

唔駛客氣,you're welcome, anytime.
Don't know where God is but the Devil is in the details
返回列表
高級模式 | 發新話題
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies
換一個