返回列表 回覆 發帖

信仰的堅持?

How about an analogy of smoking:
1. Just like smoking, many people believe in Christianity by pursuation from friends, family members, etc.
2. It is difficult for people wants to get away from the religion. Just like smoking is addictive.
3. Even if people wants to get away from the religion, it is difficult to implement it. At least, not much people are dared to say that they are "ex-christians". Just like people will feel uncomfortable when they start to avoid smoking.
4. But yet, quitting is still possible, just like there are still some "ex-smokers" smoke no more. People could quit for different reasons, and the decision of quitting is finally the decision of the people themselves, no other people could quit for them. However, with the help of others, they would be in better position to quit, if they want to. For smoking, encouragement from family could help the smokers quit. For the Christians, they could be more comfortable in quitting if they find that they are not alone, and there are some people who support them.
  Would this an appropriate analogy?

回復 10# 的帖子

咦??!! 我聽過哲學之始源於希臘, 但係無聽過"獨立的思考, 及開明清晰的觀念, 開始對自我及宗教的質疑, 也是源於基督教對真理的追求的熱切" bor...(我見識太少la... )

Plato (or Socrates, a character in Plato's work) 講要以reason 為主. 亦講過analogy of cave, 以太陽作比喻, 講metaphysical reality. 但就係無聽過Plato 係信基督教wor....定係呢個"基督教"係信"太陽神"架?
原帖由 Guest from 219.76.240.x 於 2008-2-2 16:04 發表
(修正)
(哲學之始源於希臘, 也是思考造物主、世界的由來、人生存的意義和價值... 中世紀的哲學更是寄存於神學之中, 現代哲學一大部份也仍是對造物主的概念有關連的批判

Philosophy really involves many things. And this include some metaphysical questions (about the reality). But this metaphysical questions may or may not related to 造物主. For example, for Thales, everything is water. But would this related to 造物主?

Yes, philosophy was within 神學. But would this because of the religious intolerance of Christianity, and the power of Christianity in Europe (of course, I don't deny that it is possible for some people wants to prove the existance of God simply because they truly belief in God)? Otherwise, how come J. Locke's "A Letter Concerning Toleration"?

Well, thinking about religion is a part of philosophy. But I really doubt if this is a "major" part in philosophy now. After all, it is simply a matter of the interest of the researchers in the field of philosophy...

原帖由 Guest from 219.76.240.x 於 2008-2-2 16:04 發表
(修正)
沒有上帝的觀念, 其實也是源於上帝的反動...

Sorry, I really don't understand what you are talking about in this (seemingly incomplete) sentence...
In fact, some western philosophers do focus on Chinese philosophy. In fact, I took an introductory course of Chinese philosophy taught by a Westerner. And his interpretation is quite interesting.

By the way, I am totally ignorant about 天九. It is so difficult for me....
返回列表
高級模式 | 發新話題
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies
換一個