返回列表 回覆 發帖

教會討厭已離開的人?

回復 39# Nomad 的帖子

Oh damn.  Ice expand when frozen is taught in Religious Class when I am a little kid.  They said it is because of God's grace that ice have this 'exception' to save the fish living underneath it.

It remains as one of those 'great' thing I learn from religious class.

I only figure the truth out when I get to high school.

回復 51# 的帖子

I am not sure where you study science.  In my science class, science is base on observation, not revelation.  Theory are 'true' because it does not contradict with observable evidence, not because someone said so.

(The remaining is Oscam Razar.  Since for any points on the graph there will be infinte number of equations that can join them.  The simplest solution is used.  It is a sense of mathematical beauty, where is simplicity rules.)

[ 本帖最後由 dye 於 2008-8-4 20:57 編輯 ]

回復 55# Nomad 的帖子

The conservation of energy has been 'observe' to be true for quite some time.  When you have a couple thousand data telling that energy is conserve, it is quite a save bet on the theory that the next experiment will yield a simliar result.

Imagine if someone really manage to invent a ever moving machine!  Every hypothesis in science must be falsifiable via observation!

回復 57# Nomad 的帖子

That is why it is only a 'safe bet'  

Because science rely on observation, and we cannot observe the future, we can never be sure if any theory will be true in the future.

For the same reason, because science rely on observation, and observation is not perfect, when there 1000 data showing one thing, and 1 showing the opposite, we tend to bet on the 1000 data (while trying the best to include the 1 exception into the theory eventually)
返回列表
高級模式 | 發新話題
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies
換一個