返回列表 回覆 發帖

研究:離棄信仰 健康易走下坡

Note:
a) It does not say which religion the sample member is changing from or changing to.
b) The health condition is self proclaim.  The actual condition is not measured.
c) It NEVER matters what benefit there is for a religion since the premise is not true.  It is immoral to build any system on a system of lies.

------------------------
For the rest of the discussion in the thread,
As evolutionist points out, human as a species has a lot of "blind spots".  Although we are unable to change this matter of fact at the moment, we are not totally helpless.  The fact is, we have EACH OTHER to look after each other's back.  

The real problem of believing a religion, as I see it, is that theist is misled into looking for a solution in a wrong location.
本帖最後由 dye 於 2010/10/10 23:36 編輯

I think you may be reporting this

http://hsb.sagepub.com/content/51/3/325.abstract

Previous research has devoted significant attention to understanding the link between health and personal religious beliefs and practices, typically finding that more religious people tend to have better health. However, almost no attention has been given to how switching religious groups or leaving religion altogether is related to self-reported health. Due to selection and causation mechanisms, switching from high-cost groups that are theologically and culturally exclusive could be associated with poor health more than switching from other religious groups. Using data from the 1972 through 2006 General Social Surveys, we examine the relationship between health and religious switching as moderated by the religious tradition of origin. We find that people who are raised and stay in high-cost sectarian groups, such as the Latter-day Saints and Jehovah’s Witnesses, have better self-reported health than those raised and staying in other religious traditions. However, people who leave such groups are more likely to report worse health than those who leave other groups.

--------------
It seems that it is not exactly Christian but fundamentalist in general.

If you read further online about the article, you will see that Weiyan is correct.  Poor health causes people to leave religion.  
On the other hand, the typical explanation for better health in staying in a religion is the "strictness" of the religion.

The key here is not quiting the religion,but better self reported health in stricter religion (quiting religion altogather will be least strict)
本帖最後由 dye 於 2010/10/11 09:43 編輯

I take an alternative.  Besides feel-good factor (fake pill effect), routine life makes a healthier life.  By being stricter, life gets more routine.

I suspect it is also healthier to live in prison than outside for drug addicts.  If you are to measure the health (the actual health) before and after the prisoner leaves prison, I suspect you will also find "quitting" prison has an averse effect on health.

In fact, it is observable truth that pets that quit their prison into the wild has terrible health compare to time when they are in.

-----------
I see no one suggestion that we should all live in prison, or all the animal should be domesticated.

Yes, we are goats living in the wild and they are sheeps in a ranch.  I guess freedom and truth counts for something for some people.
返回列表
高級模式 | 發新話題
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies
換一個